Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cross Stitches Aplenty!

Having lived thirty years in remote areas I do have a 'few' cross stitches to show - thanks Chooky for the invitation to join in - I have many more and would you believe no UFO's! Blogger is being very naughty for me today - in fact I haven't had a very nice week computer-wise - oh, well, we all get them I guess!


This Vintage Santa was a delight to stitch - tricky on his beard and also there is gold thread on his rod. Being the purist that I was in those days it was stitched on 32 count pure linen as most were.

As far as I can work out, this is traditional original Santas from different countries - if somebody cares to enlighten me otherwise I would be pleased to hear!

For my Mum who is now 92 and lives with us - and Dad who I love so dearly and he left us in 1983! It will be a nice little heirloom for one of my children I hope.


This one does not show its true charm - and it has a partner of the alphabet that I have glimpsed similar on another blog today. The light didn't want to agree with the camera so not such a good pic. I've been so lucky with these though - all taken inside and through glass
This has been a lovely chance to show off our fine needlework. In my case and I guess a lot of others, too, memories of days gone by and they really were such happy times - most of mine spent at Nhulunbuy (Gove) Northern Territory.
Happy weekend everyone and I hope to do a lot more browsing yet - it has been lovely! I've had a sort of productive week. 'Bye!
PS - even my proper signature has gone - I will have to try to catch up with Santa's Elf some day soon!

No comments: